The fact that all my friends were able to use Instagram Notes while I could not was quite frustrating, and I’m sure many of you are in the same boat.
This latest Instagram feature has been a game-changer for those who used to clutter their feeds with random thoughts, recommendations, or jokes. Thanks to Instagram Notes, there’s no longer any need to delete or rearrange our posts.
The burning question, “Why don’t I have Instagram Notes?” can be attributed to multiple factors, such as a weak internet connection, an incompatible device, or an outdated app version.
Don’t worry; I’m here to guide you! Continue reading to explore the reasons in detail and learn how to enable this cool Instagram feature.
Understanding Instagram Notes
Instagram’s massive user base, with over 2 billion active monthly users, drives the platform’s constant evolution to cater to user needs. One significant evolution is the introduction of Instagram Notes.
To better understand this feature, let’s take a quick look at what it offers. Think of it as akin to Facebook stories, but with a twist – you can only write in them.
Unlike Facebook, you can’t see older uploads. These notes are visible for just 24 hours, and all your followers can view and contribute to your thoughts. The best part is that they won’t clutter your feed.
They’re especially handy for businesses and creators looking to make big announcements without the hassle of a regular post. They demand less effort and still manage to stand out amidst the sea of stories.
How to Create Instagram Notes?
Now that you know what Instagram Notes are, let’s learn how to create them.
Here are the steps:
1. Go to your inbox section.
2. Locate the empty box saying “+ Leave a Note.”
3. Enter a note of up to 60 characters and tap “Share.”
Why Don’t I Have Instagram Notes?
Now, let’s get right to your question: Why don’t I have Instagram Notes 2023?
Here are all the reasons why your Instagram might be missing this feature.
- Weak Internet Connection: Most features require a stable Internet connection to load.
- Discordant Device: Instagram Notes are not available on all devices; only iPhone and Android can access the feature.
- Temporary withdrawal of feature: Instagram might have temporarily removed the feature for updates and maintenance.
- Glitch in the application: You might be encountering issues with the app itself.
- Lacking software of device: If you are an iPhone or Android user and the feature is still missing, you need to update your device.
- Un-updated version of the app: Make sure your Instagram app is up to date to access the newest features.
- Multiple Accounts: If you have multiple accounts, the feature might be available on some and not others.
- Location Issue: Instagram Notes are available in select regions, including Europe, Japan, the United States, and the UK.
How to Enable Notes on Instagram?
Now that we’ve tackled the “why,” let’s move on to the “how.”
Here are some straightforward ways to enable Notes on Instagram:
Update the Application
The application typically handles updates automatically. However, there are some instances when you might have to initiate the update manually.
Follow these steps to get Instagram updates on an Android:
1. Open the Play Store, select ‘Manage Apps and Devices,’ and then tap ‘Updates Available.’
2. Locate Instagram and tap the ‘Update’ button.
3. The app will update to the latest version.
If you are an iPhone user, follow these steps to get Instagram updates:
1. Go to the App Store to check for updates.
2. Tap the ‘Update’ button next to Instagram.
Restart Your Device
If you have multiple accounts and only one received the update, try restarting your device. This often brings the feature to other accounts.
Voila! You can then share different thoughts on different accounts.
Turn On Activity Status
As strange as this may seem, disabling your activity status can also prevent you from receiving Instagram updates.
To re-enable the activity status, follow these steps:
1. Tap the three horizontal lines at the top right of your profile, then select ‘Settings and Privacy.’
2. Go to ‘Messages and Story Replies.’
3. Choose the ‘Show activity status’ option.
4. Turn on your activity status by sliding the toggle to the right
Now, refresh your account and go to the chat section. You’ll find the new Notes updates right above your chats!
Another way to try is to reinstall the application. It worked for me; it could work for you too!
Uninstall the app, then reinstall it from your device’s app store. This can sometimes trigger the update.
Change Your Location
Change your account to a Business Account, add a location where Notes are available, and switch back. However, this might not work for everyone.
1. Tap the three horizontal lines in the top right corner of your profile.
2. Select the ‘Settings’ option.
3. Tap on ‘Account.’
4. Scroll down and tap the ‘Switch to Business Account’ option.
5. Hit the ‘Continue’ button.
6. Pick any category and tap ‘Done.’
7. Now choose the ‘Business’ option.
8. Click on ‘Business Address’ and input the location where Notes are available.
Ask For Help
If all else fails, reach out to Instagram’s support team for guidance. They may be able to assist you in gaining access to the feature.
Why Don’t I Have Instagram Notes Music?
Now that you have access to Notes, you should know that you can not only write but also add your favorite music to them.
Here’s a quick guide on how to add music to your Notes:
1. Hit the ‘+’ Notes icon located just above your chats.
2. Now, tap on the music symbol.
3. Find your preferred song and add it to your Note.
At times, the music option may not be accessible to you either because they are not yet available in your region or due to a device bug preventing you from seeing the updated version.
Another possibility is a weak internet connection or issues with the app’s cache. However, the news is that you can resolve the app cache problem by simply clearing it.
It’s a fun way to express yourself, and as Leo Tolstoy once said, “Music is the shorthand of emotion.”
Missing out on the Notes feature can be frustrating, but with the guidance in this article, you can find your way to those tiny Notes and finally express your thoughts.
If you still can’t access them, be patient. Wait for the update to reach your region, and in the meantime, keep saving those thoughts for later!
Cyble Rizwan is a Senior Content Writer at SocialSharings. With more than 1.5 years of dedicated experience in copywriting and SEO, Cyble is deeply passionate about the digital world and follows the industry closely to stay on top of trends in digital marketing. Cyble is pursuing a degree in Digital Business and has written for several major brands such as Tenorshare, DOBA, and more.