By the end of 2023, Pinterest is expected to be home to 544 million monthly active users from all around the globe. These figures show immense potential for brands to level up their following and direct more traffic to their websites.
If you’re wondering how to get followers on Pinterest for your business, the first step I’d suggest would be to ace Pinterest SEO. Understand how the platform’s algorithm works and then design your profile accordingly.
This will ensure that the algorithm gives your pins more preference over others in the same niche and displays it on the home feed of your target audience. Ultimately, this helps improve your chances of attracting more followers to your Pinterest page. However, Pinterest SEO is just the tip of the iceberg.
Keep reading to uncover how to grow on Pinterest 2023 and ensure your marketing efforts yield the desired results.
How to Get Followers on Pinterest?
Optimize Your Profile
Your Pinterest profile is the first thing users will see when they come across your page. Therefore, optimizing your profile is essential to make it appealing and informative.
Here are some tips to optimize your profile to get Pinterest followers free:
1. Choose a username that reflects your brand and is easy to remember.
2. Include keywords in your bio and name to make it easier for users to find your account when searching for relevant topics.
3. Write Pinterest board descriptions that include relevant keywords to help users find your content.
4. Make sure your boards and pins are organized and easy to navigate.
Be Active and Engaged
By being active and engaged on Pinterest, you can establish your brand as an authority in your niche and build relationships with your followers.
Here’s how to get followers on Pinterest through active engagement:
- Manually pin content on a regular basis.
- Browse the “Explore” and “Trending” pages and repost pins from there.
- When you find a “Board to Follow,” ensure you follow it if it’s relevant to your niche.
- Follow other brands in the same industry
- Embed a Pinterest follow button.
Use Relevant Keywords
Using relevant keywords is an excellent way to get followers on Pinterest.
Incorporating those keywords in your board names and pin descriptions is essential to ensure your content is discoverable on Pinterest.
In addition, using topic tags to categorize your content can make it easier for users to find your content when searching for relevant topics.
Promoting Pins and A/B Testing
If you’re wondering how to get followers on Pinterest without posting, then promoting pins is a great way to increase views and reach on Pinterest.
By using A/B testing, you can improve the performance of your pins and ensure they resonate with your target audience.
Moreover, testing different pins can help you identify what works best and refine your strategy.
Promoting a pin means paying to boost its visibility to a larger audience on Pinterest.
- Choose the Pin you want to promote
- Click on the “Promote” button on the Pin
- Choose your targeting options, such as interests, keywords, and location
- Set your daily budget and campaign duration
- Review and launch your campaign
A/B testing involves creating two pin versions and testing them against each other to see which performs better.
Here’s how to conduct A/B testing:
- Choose the Pin you want to test
- Create two versions of the Pin, such as different images or text
- Pin each version to another Pinterest board or, at other times.
- Monitor the performance of each Pin, such as clicks, saves, and engagement
- Determine which version performs better and use that version in future promotions
Focus on a Specific Audience
Focusing on a specific audience is crucial to growing your follower base on your Pinterest business account.
- This involves identifying your target audience and creating content that appeals to their interests.
- Cater to your audience’s pain points and, by doing so, establish your brand as an authority in a specific area and make it easier to target your content to the right audience.
Create a Cohesive Brand
As Brian Jantsch said, “Bring the best of your authentic self to every opportunity,” so you should remember that your Pinterest account represents your brand and must, therefore, be an accurate representation of your business.
Here are a few things you should focus on to understand how to get followers on Pinterest business account:
- Use captivating graphics, but remember not to use any human faces since pins without them have a 23% more chance of being re-pinned.
- A profile picture that exhibits your brand’s personality.
- Having a consistent brand identity is crucial to stand out on Pinterest. Use consistent colors, fonts, and imagery to establish a cohesive brand that users will recognize and remember.
Learning how to get followers on Pinterest may seem like a stretching task. However, with time, it all starts to fall into place. One thing you must keep in mind is to stay on top of Pinterest algorithm changes.
With mastery over the platform’s algorithm and the steps on how to get followers on Pinterest shared above, the road to increasing your follower count on Pinterest is smoother than ever before.
Read More: How to Apply for Pinterest Creator Fund?
Cyble Rizwan is a Senior Content Writer at SocialSharings. With more than 1.5 years of dedicated experience in copywriting and SEO, Cyble is deeply passionate about the digital world and follows the industry closely to stay on top of trends in digital marketing. Cyble is pursuing a degree in Digital Business and has written for several major brands such as Tenorshare, DOBA, and more.